This course is designed and structured to provide training in the safe use of abrasive wheels and meets with the requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 98) and covers the following subjects:
- The Need to Train and Statutory Requirements
- Characteristics of an Abrasive Wheel and the Types
- Marking of Abrasive Wheels
- Hazards and Precautions to be taken
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Storage & Handling
- Inspection and Methods of Testing for Damage
- Abrasive Wheel Machine Components
- Dressing & Balancing
- Specific Mounting Procedures
HSG 17 states that
In relation to abrasive wheels, PUWER 98 requires, among other things, that all machinery is suitable for its intended use and is properly maintained, and that employees, including those using, mounting and managing the operation of abrasive wheels, are fully informed and properly trained in their safe use.
- Candidates Knowledge will be assessed using RMF training academy questions both written and oral. Candidate’s practical ability will be assessed through formal observation.
- Candidates that are deemed competent will receive a certificate of competence valid for 3 years. Delegates will also be given a card to display their competencies for which tools they can operate prior to the successful completion of this course.