By the end of the course the delegate should be able to monitor operatives:
Demonstrating an understanding of statutory duties under the above Act.
Understanding other legal responsibilities.
Demonstrating the skills and knowledge to fulfill the duties required by The New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991.
As well as covering the relevant legislations, delegates will monitor operatives:
- Interpretation of plans
- Safe working practices
- Compaction of materials
- Identification of apparatus
- Excavation techniques
- Disposal of surplus material
- Repositioning of kerbs/edgings
- Surface finishing
- Support to utilities apparatus
- Use of temporary traffic lights
- Signs, cones and barriers layout
- Implication of apparatus damage
- Use of cable location equipment
- Reinstatement of modular footpaths
- Reinstatement of the road structure
- Re-use of selected excavated materials
Street Works Qualification Register (SWQR) Card and a Scottish Qualifications Certificate (SQC).
- New Roads and Streetworks Act Supervisor Refresher Course after 5 years.